Check out the Gazing Cat Productions demo reel!
Gazing Cat Productions provides video planning, videography, and post-production services all over central North Carolina. If you have an event and need a videographer and photographer to cover it, Gazing Cat is your new best friend. Based in Siler City, we travel to several nearby areas, from nearby towns like Pittsboro, Asheboro, and Sanford, all the way out to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Greensboro. Here’s a short list of some of the things we can do:
- Professional videography/cinematography
- Video editing, encoding/transcoding, and DVD authoring services
- Color correction, footage matching, and color grading
- Motion graphics and basic animation (such as After Effects)
- Live streaming your event through services such as YouTube
- Basic photography services
- Image editing, retouching, and compositing
- Script writing, shoot planning, and other post-production assistance
- VHS to digital video or DVD conversion
There’s no shortage of people and companies out there that would love to take your money and point a lens at you for a few hours. In the huge sea of possibilities, why would you choose us? We can think of a few critical reasons.
- We’re video editors, not just videographers. Many videographers only shoot footage and provide it to the customer without editing. GCP offers complete media solutions from start to finish, from planning to final delivery of video work that you can display with pride.
- We’re excellent, well-practiced editors. Many videographers don’t have a lot of practice creating a final product. We’ve seen edits from professional studios with $15,000 cameras and a fully trained staff where the final product failed to impress. We are all about being a one-stop pro shop for video work, including masterful editing into a final product that will get you excited.
- You need color correction and grading. The videographer has practice editing? Great! How about color correction? No? Ouch. The most overlooked skill in the video editing field is that of color correction, matching, and grading, and yet it’s one of the most important. When the colors are wrong, everything will seem wrong.
- Audio is 70% of video. We put a lot of work into capturing good audio. An audience will put up with a mediocre video that has excellent audio, but a masterfully shot video with mediocre audio will immediately turn them off. Audio is extremely important and we know it. We can’t speak for the competition.
- We’re an established company with verifiable work. Much like computer repair, the mass availability of relatively cheap camera gear has given anyone the ability to become an amateur filmmaker; in fact, picking up a camera and learning filmmaking is how the owner of Gazing Cat Productions got started. When you hire someone to do paid videography work, you need to know in advance that you’ll get professional results. Our professional portfolio speaks for itself.
- We’re passionate about the details. As a layperson, you don’t care about jargon like “highlight roll-off” and “bit depth” and “macroblock compression artifacting,” but we care quite a lot. We wrote a 3,000+ word article debunking some common “how to shoot better video” bad advice that “internet experts” can’t stop talking about. The beauty is that you don’t need to read it! When you hire Gazing Cat Productions, all of those pesky little details are taken care of without you having to read a single technical article.